DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - January 5th

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Dec 23 16:58:00 EST 2005

            Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux Users Group
                    http://www.dlslug.org/

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:
                    Thursday, January 5th, 6-8PM
at:         		 Salt Hill Pub - Lebanon
                 		All are welcome.

                             Agenda

6:00  Eat, Drink, and be Merry!

       January brings another GNHLUG Quarterly Meeting so per the
       new GNHLUG model, the chapter meetings are going to be
	  purely social to cut down on the presentation load for the
       month (though geek talk is inevitable).

	  We have a room reserved at Salt Hill in Lebanon for dinner
	  at 6PM on the 5th - our regular meeting date.

	  We're going to try this in Lebanon.  Copious free parking
       and easy Interstate access.  Plus, the #1 request for our
	  meetings has been beer, and Salt Hill has plenty, albeit
       not "free, as in beer".

       Please RSVP so we can get a table of sufficient size.

---------

GNHLUG QUARTERLY MEETING

        What : Open Source Development and Productization
        Who : Tim Burke, Director of Fedora Project and
               Kernel Development at Red Hat
        When : Tue, 24 Jan 2006, at 5:00 PM
        Where: Walker Auditorium, Robert Frost Hall, SNHU

        GNHLUG, NH IEEE/ACM, and SwANH are privileged to host a
        joint presentation: Tim Burke, Director of Kernel
        Development for Red Hat Software, and Director of the
        Fedora Linux Project. He will be speaking on how Red Hat
        balances its role as community steward and purveyor of
        enterprise products. The event will take place at 5:00 PM,
        on Tuesday, January 24th, 2006. It will be in the Walker
        Auditorium, in Robert Frost Hall, at Southern New Hampshire
        University.

---------

MAILING LISTS

    There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an Announce
    list and a Discuss list.  Please sign up for the Announce list
    (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of the group's activities
    and the Discuss list (unmoderated) for group discussion.
    Links to the mailing lists are on the webpage.

RSS FEED

	The DLSLUG-Announce mailing list is also visible as an RSS feed at:
       http://dlslug.org/xml/rss/dlslug-announce/rss.xml

Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may be
interested.

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/