DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - June 1st

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed May 31 09:44:01 EDT 2006

            Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux Users Group
                    http://www.dlslug.org/

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:
                  Thursday, June 1st, 7-9PM
at:         Dartmouth College, Carson Hall Room TBA
                 All are welcome, free of charge.

                             Agenda

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Return of the Nifties!

       Back by popular demand (OK, our speaker cancelled on us
       at the last minute) it's the Return of the Nifties!

       For those who haven't been enlightened by a previous
       Nifties! this is an opportunity for the members of the
       group to share what's new and great yet still somewhat
       obscure in the Linux/OSS community.  Rather than be
       told what's new and great by a speaker, it's your turn
       to share that little tidbit of information, a cool new
       software package you've discovered, even a clever little
       hack that saves you a few minutes a day.

       Come prepared to talk for 5 minutes (or longer!) on
       whatever you've discovered in the last six months that
       the rest of us ought to know about.  Crawl out of your
       blog and into the spotlight (we'll be kind).  Any topic
       about Linux or OSS is relevant, technical, political, or
       even just humorous in nature.

8:30  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
       announcements or ask a linux question of the group.

Please see the website for links to directions.

If any area companies are interested in sponsoring refreshments, please
let me know.

Please RSVP so we can give a theoretical refreshment sponsor a
headcount.
---------

MAILING LISTS

    There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an Announce
    list and a Discuss list.  Please sign up for the Announce list
    (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of the group's activities
    and the Discuss list (unmoderated) for group discussion.
    Links to the mailing lists are on the webpage.

Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may be
interested.

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/