[GNHLUG] CentraLUG, December 4th: Tim Lind, TrixBox and Asterisk

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Nov 28 10:08:54 EST 2006

The monthly meeting of CentraLUG, the Concord/Central NH GNHLUG
chapter, happens the first Monday of most months on the New Hampshire
Institute Campus starting at 7 PM.

Directions and maps are available on the NHTI site at http://
www.nhti.edu/welcome/directions.htm. This month, we'll be meeting in
the Library/Learning Center/Bookstore, room 146, marked as "I" on
that map. The main meeting starts at 7 PM, and we finish by 9 PM.
Open to the public. Tell your friends.

For December's meeting, Tim Lind of Computerborough will present
TrixBox, the CentOS-based distribution for running the Asterisk PBX
software, formerly known as "Asterisk @ Home."  Trixbox (http://
www.trixbox.org) is an open source PBX product that allows one to
setup a full featured telephone system with extensions, personal
voice mail, auto attendant and many, many more features within their
home or office.  Tim Lind of Computerborough (http://
www.computerborough.com) has installed it many times and is using it
on a daily basis within his company. Tim will show us around the
configuration, and show some of the nifty things that can be done
with it.   Tim is a Red Hat Certified Engineer, A+ Certified
Technician, Microsoft Certified Professional and is also Network+
certified. Tim has been using Linux since 1997 when he got bored with
Windows and runs his business almost exclusively on open source
products."

January's meeting falls on the first, so we'll likely skip the
month's meeting. However, stay tuned for some exciting meetings
coming up in 2007! Tentatively, we hope to have Andy Bair present
Digital File Carving Forensics and Matt Brodeur talk about PGP and
help us with a key-signing early in the year.

More details on the group and directions to the meeting at http://
www.gnhlug.org.

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC