[GNHLUG] NHRuby.org Meeting April 17: Lightning Talks!

Scott Garman sgarman at iname.com
Wed Apr 4 21:35:02 EDT 2007

Q: How do you keep a programmer in the shower all day?
A: Give him a bottle of shampoo which says "lather, rinse, repeat."

:-D

It's just about time again for the monthly NHRuby.org meeting. This
month, we'll be hosting a series of "lightning talks," or brief (5-15
minute) presentations on Ruby-related topics.

Currently, Nick Plante and Scott Garman will be giving lightning talks
on topics including RESTful web applications (Nick), the RMagick
graphics library (Nick), and a demo of the Rails-based ProgressPuppy
task manager (Scott). If you'd like to give a lightning talk at this
meeting, please drop me a line and we can make sure a time slot is
reserved for you.

Lightning talks are a fun way of getting a quick overview of technology
highlights and interesting topics, and these talks are oriented to
beginner-level Rubyists.

WHEN: Tuesday, April 17, 2007. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: Portsmouth Public Library, Hilton Garden Inn Meeting Room (2nd
floor), Portsmouth, NH.

For more details, including a map of the meeting location, see:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott

PS - Nick and I will be at the Portsmouth eBrew event Thursday evening
(4/5) at the Press Room in Portsmouth, and will be distributing flyers
about NHRuby.org. (http://www.ecoast.org for more info)

--
Scott Garman
sgarman at iname dot com