[GNHLUG] NHRuby.org Meeting TOMORROW, April 15: mod_rails and a live hackfest/help session.

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Mon Apr 14 09:11:51 EDT 2008

We can't help you with your taxes, but we can help you with your Ruby
code! What better way of celebrating mailing off your taxes (or filing
for an extension) but by attending the April meeting of the NH Ruby and
Rails User Group? :)

This month, we're going to start off with a short presentation on the
new mod_rails Apache module (aka "Passenger"). Nick Plante will discuss
his experience getting his servers set up with it, and the likely
revolutionary changes and simplification we will see in Rails
deployments due to this project.

Next, the live hacking begins. Have you been working on a Ruby script
that isn't working the way you expect? Trying out a Rails tutorial and
running into problems? Bring your code and a laptop to our meeting and
we'll work together to solve these problems and teach each other
principles, techniques and tools for Ruby development.

In the event that we run out of attendee-driven problems to work on,
Scott Garman and Nick Plante will demonstrate how to contribute to an
open source Rails project by fixing bugs and increasing test code
coverage. Applications may include the Mephisto blogging software,
Radiant content management system, DataMapper alternative ORM, and Rails
itself (we're keeping our options open - there won't be time for all of
these).

WHEN: Tuesday, April 15, 2008. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: RMC Research Offices, 1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH.

For a map and driving directions, see our wiki site:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott

--