[GNHLUG] MerriLUG Nashua, Thur 21 Feb, MySQL: The Whys, Whats, and Watch-outs

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Thu Feb 14 08:21:23 EST 2008

Who  : Marc Nozell, MySQL Conference presenter, "Officially" certified
What : MySQL: The Whys, Whats, and Watch-outs
Where: Martha's Exchange
Day  : Thur 21 Feb **Next Week**
Time : 6:00 PM for grub, 7:30 PM for discussion (usually upstairs)

:: Overview

     Marc Nozell will review the MySQL database system complete with
some "whys and wherefores" that reference books overlook.  Marc shares
with us the "gotchas", under-emphasized essential facts, and
"why-this-not-that" savvy that comes from professional applications
experience.

     What can MySQL do for me?  What books are recommended?  What is an
API, and do I need one?  How does command-line and in-program coding
differ?  Under what circumstances should I use a GUI?  Which one?  What
kind of data can I store?  When shouldn't I use MySQL?

    Have you been using MySQL?  Marc may have the answer to that vexing
question or a time-saving tip for your specific application.

 >>> RSVP to Jim Kuzdrall for dinner to assure adequate seating. <<<
 !!! If you are not a "Regular Attendee" (50%), please let me know. !!!

Driving directions:
http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PlaceMarthasExchange

Thanks,

Jim Kuzdrall