[GNHLUG] NHRuby.org Meeting TOMORROW, Jan 15: OpenID and ActionMailer.

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Mon Jan 14 13:46:17 EST 2008

Tomorrow evening, the NH Ruby and Rails User Group will be meeting in
Portsmouth, NH. This month, we have two meeting topics: OpenID and
ActionMailer.

Nick Plante will be talking about OpenID and how to make your Ruby on
Rails application work with it.

What is OpenID? From http://www.openid.net/what/:

OpenID is an open and decentralized framework for digital identity.
OpenID eliminates the need for multiple usernames across different
websites, simplifying your online experience. You get to choose the
OpenID Provider that best meets your needs and most importantly that you
trust. At the same time, your OpenID can stay with you, no matter which
Provider you move to. And best of all, the OpenID technology is not
proprietary and is completely free.

Additionally, Scott Garman will give an overview of ActionMailer, the
Ruby on Rails component which handles sending and receiving e-mail.
Scott's presentation will include production code examples from
CampaignLever, a web application he has been working on.

WHEN: Tuesday, January 15, 2008. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: RMC Research Offices, 1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH.

For a map and driving directions, see our wiki site:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott

--