[GNHLUG] CentraLUG, TONIGHT, 1-Nov-2010, NHTI, Open Q&A, HTML5

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Nov 1 10:34:24 EDT 2010

The Central New Hampshire Linux User Group will meet at its usual place
and time, NHTI Library, Room 146, first Monday of the month, 7 PM - 9
PM. Directions can be found at
http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/NHTILibrary.

We'll have an Open Q&A on what's new, anyone with questions, or news is
more than welcome to contribute.

Ted's been converting some web sites from older HTML to HTML5 and can
show-and-tell what's involved. The basic conversion is simple, as HTML5
is a very relaxed standard. But there are a slew of new features worth
adapting and integrating into your older sites and also newer ones: new
tags for header, section, article, aside and footer, new data types,
hints and validation for input fields, a greater focus on media beyond
text. We'll take a peek at some of the books and web sites you can use
for reference and ideas. We'll talk about the compatibility and
tolerance of newer and older browser for the new features, how to test
and validate your new pages, and how to develop a strategy for migrating
existing sites or writing new sites using HTML5.

Hope to see you there!

--

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC