[GNHLUG] [DLSLUG-Announce] TOMORROW: Version Control with git - DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - 2011-10-06

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Oct 5 15:01:56 EDT 2011

[it's been pointed out to me that it's still 2011, not 2017, so we'll
have to go with October 6th]

                Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux User Group
                         http://dlslug.org/
                a chapter of GNHLUG - http://gnhlug.org

    The next regular monthly meeting of DLSLUG will be held:

                    Thursday, October 6th, 7-9PM
    at:            Dartmouth College, Haldeman 125
                  23 North Main Street, Hanover, NH

                   All are welcome, free of charge.

                               Agenda

5:30  Pre-meeting dinner at EBA's.  RSVP and bring cash.

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Version Control with git
        presented by mplayer

      Most people are probably familiar with version control but
      the git program, written to manage the linux kernel development,
      works in a distributed manner that may be new to those used to
      centralized version control systems.

      We'll watch an hour-and-a-half professional training video that
      explains the concepts of version control, distributed version
      control, and then gives the viewer a fast start into managing
      software projects (or any file tree) with git.

8:50  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
           announcements or ask a Linux/FLOSS question of the group.

-----
                          Driving Directions

         Please see the website for links to driving directions.

                            Refreshments

         We currently lack a refreshment sponsor.  If you or your
         company would like to provide or sponsor refreshments,
         please get in touch.

                               RSVP

         RSVP by replying to this e-mail so we can give any
         refreshment sponsor a count.

                            Mailing Lists

         There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an
         Announce list and a Discuss list. Please sign up for the
         Announce list (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of
         the group's activities and the Discuss list (unmoderated)
         for group discussion. Links to the mailing lists are on the
         webpage.

                          Tell Your Friends

         Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may
         be interested.

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle