Next meeting?

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 12 14:48:37 EDT 2002

In a message dated: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:34:31 CDT
"Svenson,Robert" said:

>Hi Paul,
>
>I am interested in attending your next meeting to learn more about Linux!
>
>Your next meeting is scheduled for the 28th of August at Martha's Exchange,
>but I didn't see a particular time, could you let me know when the meeting
>gets started and if it is still planned for that date?

Hi, and Welcome to GNHLUG, we're always happy to gain new members :)

I'm more than willing to try and answer any questions you may have, or at
least try and point you in the right direction.

Anyway, most of the information you're probaly looking for/interested in
regarding the GNHLUG and it's meetings can probably be found at our website:

        http://www.gnhlug.org.

GNHLUG is set up as a state-wide organization with several sub-chapters.  I'm
the chairman of the Nashua chapter.  Every chapter holds their own meetings
each month, then once each quarter, we try to get all of GNHLUG together
for a large quarterly meeting.  For quarterly meetings in the past, we've had
speakers such as Ted T'so (ext2, ext2 utils, pilot-link, etc), and just this
past December, Eazel flew out from California for us to speak about their
projects.

Meetings for the Nashua chapter are held at Martha's Exchange, a
micro-brew pub and restaurant located in Nashua on Main Street.  The
meetings are usually the 4th Wednesday of each month, and begin about
19:00ish or so.

Many of us often show up for dinner around 18:00 or so in the pub
before the meeting.  If you're ever so inclined to show up for
dinner, please RSVP to me so I can get an accurate count in order to
make reservations.

When you get there, walk in the front door and turn right toward the large
brass Beer Brewing Kettles.  At the end of the bar, turn left.  We should
be the large group at the back :)

If you need directions to Martha's Exchange, they should be available
on the web site.

Currently we don't have any particular topic scheduled for the August
meeting, so I'm open to suggestions :)

There's really nothing more to getting involved other than either
showing up to meetings or taking part in the general mailling list discussions.
I highly recommend joining the mail list.  There's a tremendous amount of
knowledge on that list, and everyone really benefits from helping each other
out.  So, if you need help, it's a great place to get it.  If you don't, it's
a great place to lend a helping hand to others.  You can get all the mail list
info on our web site.

There's ususally a Question/Answer session both before and after each meeting
where we try to help people solve their problems, so if you have some pressing
problem, this is usually a good place to meet up with someone who may have the
answer.

Additionally, we do have what we call New User Night's or N.U.N.'s.  All the
information to these events should also be on the web site as well.

I encourage you join our mailing list and post any questions you
have regarding running/installing Linux, or, for that matter, anything
that technically oriented there, Please make sure though, to pose
your questions in clear, well-thought out terms, explaining exactly
what you're trying to do, and what is happening, including any error
messages you are receiving.  The more specific you are, the better we
can help you.

Again, welcome to GNHLUG!

--
Seeya,
Paul

Paul Lussier
		 Senior Systems and Network Engineer
     Co-Chairman, Greater New Hampshire Linux User's Group (GNHLUG)
		   Chairman, Nashua Chapter GNHLUG
			http://www.gnhlug.org
  Events:  http://md.appropriatesolutions.com/gnhlug/lug_cal/month.php