Are American high tech workers obsolete?

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at attbi.com
Tue Aug 13 12:34:43 EDT 2002

Another irony is that I have observed that trade workers, people who install
your carpet, paint your house, build your house etc.., are often much more
successful than the average college graduate. I'd be the first to admit that
they often work damned hard for their money but they also participate in the
'underground' economy - cash only. They don't pay the same amount of taxes
that high tech employees pay.

-Alex