Are American high tech workers obsolete?

Paul Iadonisi pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to
Tue Aug 13 13:31:50 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 13:21, Hewitt Tech wrote:
> I think that same argument applies to software development to some extent as
> well. But the bottom line is the bottom line. Business's motto is "cheaper"
> and the social costs aren't anywhere in the equation.

  And herein lies the stupidity, arrogance, and ignorance of most US
businesspeople.  This is an INCREDIBLY short sighted point of view.  I'm
with the CEO of Chick-Fil-A: People and Principles before profits.  The
profits will come when you have a satisfied workforce that will gladly
devote themselves to your company.  Many other factors must be in place,
of course, but this is paramount.
  Not long ago, I left a job working for a guy who lamented 'so much for
corporate loyality.'  There is so little corporate loyalty solely
because the corporations have brought it on themselves.  I have *no*
sympathy for their plight.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator