multiple GNHLUG archives at mail-archive.com ?

jbd at codemeta.com jbd at codemeta.com
Tue Aug 13 17:05:15 EDT 2002

Quoting John Abreau <jabr at blu.org>:
> True, this does all take time. When I rebuilt the BLU server, I had
> explicitly set aside enough cash for a few months' sabbatical to
> work on the project full-time, and I built and tested everything on a
> spare box at home before we acquired the hardware for the new server.

"few months'"! Sigh - All that money/time I saved was sucked up by:

  1. 9 months of unemployment last year.
  2. A house/barn/farm in need of 30 years of repairs.
  3. An unexpected surgery.

At least I had some time to prepare for the conversion to mailman. I wasn't
prepared for problems after the conversion. (Another sigh.)

> As for consolidating the gnhlug list archives, anyone willing to
> volunteer the time could do this on their home machine, after
> which a complete mbox archive could be kept on hand, ready to
> import when the server issues stabilize in the future. You could
> split the effort among several volunteers, perhaps one volunteer
> per year of messages, for example.

What an excellent idea! Are there any volunteers? (If so, please reply to the
gnhlug-org list!)

--Bruce