Are American high tech workers obsolete?

Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at attbi.com
Wed Aug 14 15:46:12 EDT 2002

There is an open source aspect to all of this that may be good news for
domestic technical workers. The more open source software is used by end
users and companies, the more need there will be for folks that are local.
That is, when a business is using Linux for example, they will need to have
consulting resources (as well as regular employees) who know Linux and can
configure or make changes to it. In a very real sense control will be
shifting away from companies and their proprietary products to local experts
because the code will be available wherever it's needed.

-Alex