Rack Mount Servers

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Mon Aug 19 12:02:03 EDT 2002

Good day, Ed,

On 10 Aug 2002, Ed Robbins wrote:

> I'm about to help a local ISP update their NOC and I'm in need of some
> rack mount servers.  Anyone in the group have a preferred supplier
> and/or comments/experience with particular brands/models...Could I put
> anymore /'s in a sentance????
>
> As always, I will be forever indebted to all for any wisdom gleaned from
> the group, said while slightly bowing at the waist....

	I'm in the process of buying and setting up a rackmount system
from eracks.com.  While the article isn't at _all_ complete - the system
hasn't even arrived yet, so I can hardly vouch for eracks! - I'm
documenting the whole process and the use of User-Mode Linux at
http://www.stearns.org/slartibartfast/ .
	New versions of that article will show up over the next few weeks.
	Cheers,
	- Bill

        "Patience is a minor form of despair, disguised as virtue."
        -- Ambrose Bierce, on qualifiers