sorting pathnames by basename

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Mon Aug 19 16:34:23 EDT 2002

In a message dated: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:14:11 EDT
Michael O'Donnell said:

>So, did you suggest perl just to be a pest, or would
>it actually offer an advantage?  Let me guess: in perl,
>the construct "$@!$*->___++" does exactly what I want...

Well, I can't really hope to play "One-upmanship" with Kevin, nor
could I ever attempt to come up with something as concise as he did.

However, I can offer you this.  Perl has a lot of sorting,
and file-finding modules built into it.  That, combined with hashes,
could enable you to write some pretty good file sorting code which is
actually readable :)
--

Seeya,
Paul