sorting pathnames by basename

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Aug 20 09:19:49 EDT 2002

On 20 Aug 2002, at 8:07am, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> It was a one-liner.  Take it for what it was.

  I am curious: If that Perl code was optimized for education (as opposed to
source size), what would it look like?  I am thinking, specifically, of the
Python example that was posted.  Without even knowing anything about Python,
I suspect that code could be made denser, by eliminating temporary variables
and nesting things instead.  Can the reverse be done to the Perl code?

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>