Fwd: [Tutor] little something in the way of file parsing

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Aug 20 17:37:24 EDT 2002

On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, at 2:00pm, Erik Price wrote:
> <code>
>
> #!/usr/bin/python

  Heh.  This is pretty ironic.  One of the standard Luddite responses to
Python is that whitespace is syntactically significant.  Personally, I find
it a bit weird, but I'm not used to it, and it certainly isn't a
show-stopper.  But in this case, this property of Python has come into
conflict with something: The message was mangled by line-wrapping, and thus,
the indentation is no longer sane.  Any chance you can either (1) fixup the
code to wrap < 75 columns, or (2) post it on the web somewhere?

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>