sorting pathnames by basename

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Thu Aug 22 00:01:31 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, August 21, 2002, at 07:52  PM, mike ledoux wrote:

> So, if I'm in a rush (usually), and I need to figure out what someone
> else's unreadable Perl does, where should I be looking?

I'm too lazy to lift my hands off my keyboard or mouse, to the shelf
right in front of my face where "Programming Perl" rests, and look up
the variables.  I usually just head over to http://perldoc.com/ and read
the man pages there.  For some reason it's just more legible when
presented as a web page than as a man page in a terminal window.  (Must
be the whitespace.)

I've bookmarked http://perldoc.com/perl5.6.1/pod/perl.html for easy
access.

Erik