MELBA wed

Jon Hall maddog at li.org
Wed Aug 28 06:39:54 EDT 2002

erikprice at mac.com said:
> (raises hand)

You are a brave man, Gungha Din!

>So... it's upstairs of Martha's Exchange?

So far, that is the plan.....but it would be nice if someone (Rob?) called
to make sure the room was available.

>Can you get dinner up there, or should you eat at home?

You could do either...and I suspect that some of our members do both...but
we normally gather for dinner at about 6 P.M. downstairs in the restaurant
at one of the tables to the FAR right of the hostess station, ALL the way in
the back of the restaurant.  There is an "area" that they put the rowdy people.
I will try to be there at 1830 or so, but I will be coming from the Red Hat
Open House and Career Day:

http://bostonworks.boston.com/events/openhouses/redhat.shtml

so I might be a little late.  I *will* be there for 1900 hours though, to
heckle Ben.

>and... libations -after- the presentation (not during)?

I was one of the people who helped to start the libations during the meeting,
and they flowed fast and furious.  But we also have some younger members
and some non-drinking members, and I felt that the drinking was not setting
a "family atmosphere" (although if I had a family we would all drink like fish,
but that is another story), so I suggested we keep the main libations to
after the meeting.  Certainly no one would throw you out if you brought a beer
up from downstairs to drink quietly during the meeting.  But filling up the
small child's wading pool with beer and jumping in fully clothed just had to
stop.
Jon "maddog" Hall
Executive Director           Linux International(SM)
email: maddog at li.org         80 Amherst St.
Voice: +1.603.672.4557       Amherst, N.H. 03031-3032 U.S.A.
WWW: http://www.li.org

Board Member: Uniforum Association, USENIX Association

(R)Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in several countries.
(SM)Linux International is a service mark of Linux International, Inc.