Speaking of wireless

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Aug 28 11:12:00 EDT 2002

"Kenneth E. Lussier" said:
>be able to use this to replace my Linux firewall so I can use that box
>for other things. I just don't know how robust these firewalls are (I do

I'm not sure either.  They look pretty tight from the outside.  You can
do better with a Linux/*BSD/Solaris firewall of course.  For instance,
you can't ping my firewall from the outside and I don't think you can do
that with one of these.

I'm not sure how much outgoing stuff you can restrict with them either,
if that's important to you.

>some pretty wierd stuff, like port redirection, forwarding, NAT, Masq,
They can do all that.  That's pretty standard stuff.

--
-------
Tom Buskey