NFS Question

Kenneth E. Lussier ken.lussier at zuken.com
Thu Aug 29 15:34:13 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I have a couple of (simple) questions about NFS, and I'm sure someone
here can smack me with a clue-stick...

1) If applications are mounted via NFS, and someone runs the
application, is the processor on the NFS server or the client system
used? (I'm pretty sure it's the client, but I was told different today,
so now I'm not sure..)

2) What sort of problems are there with NFS on Linux? I have heard that
there are file locking problems, but nothing really in depth. Anyone
care to elaborate?

I think that that is all for now.

TIA,
Kenny
"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0