Hewitt Tech hewitt_tech at attbi.com
Thu Aug 29 14:36:26 EDT 2002

Bill Sconce, Ben Scott and I were discussing the on-going debate between
Perl users and Python aficionados after the MELBA meeting last night. Ben
suggested that since I had mentioned my intention to spend some time
learning Python that I share what I write (some system admin/security
utilities) with the list. If anyone is interested, wave your hands and maybe
even suggest something you'd like to see. For starters, I want to write a
nice little utility that will let me check the MAC addresses of systems that
are being DHCP served from my wireless access point. I'll probably do
something simple like write a small program to query the access points web
interface and collect the MAC addresses of whatever is in the DHCP table but
I'm open to suggestions.

-Alex