shell scripting style question

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Thu Dec 5 10:44:19 EST 2002

bscott at ntisys.com said:
>  The ls(1) command is oriented more towards human consumption.  The find(1)
>command simple outputs a list of filenames, which is more suitable for
>consumption by other programs.

I think find was targeted for use with cpio originally.  They both had
the same author.  They deal with arguments and options a bit different
then the other standard unix tools.

I'm almost surprised someone hasn't come up with a find replacement that
"feels" more like the other unix tools.  Tar certainly replaced cpio.
Then again, find works well as it is and I'm not sure you could replace
its syntax as easily.

--
-------
Tom Buskey