Wal Mart sells cheap linux boxes

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Fri Dec 6 18:27:18 EST 2002

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002, at 12:59pm, travis at scootz.net wrote:
>> Lastly, even a Linux box with some design flaws is more secure than a
>> comparable Windows box.  ;-)
>
> What, like having it default to having it auto login as root?  That's a
> HUGE security issue and one of the main reasons windows viruses work so
> well since they have total control of the system.

  Indeed.  I have been saying for years that it is only a matter of time
before Linux becomes inundated with its own familiar of viruses, worms,
trojans, and crappy software.  Putting a technologically-ignorant operator
in charge of a system enables all manner of failures.  I firmly believe that
LindowsOS is a big step in that direction.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>