Ripping OGG files (was Re: can't mount cdrom)

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Mon Dec 9 12:43:44 EST 2002

>   I see one.  Occasionally, you run across albums such as Pink Floyd's
> The Wall where, I believe, there are separate tracks, but the music
> doesn't necessarily stop between tracks.

It doesn't when you rip them either. It's the player that causes the gap
in them with time it takes to load the next file. Winamp has plugins to
stop this (prebuffers the next track) I've used that and I'm sure there's
XMMS plugins that do the same thing.

Also, most burners (if you decided to burn the MP3s back to CD again) that
will let you do disk at once mode and this will remove any gaps on the
newly made audio CD too.