shift() in C std lib

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Wed Dec 11 14:46:13 EST 2002

"Price, Erik" <eprice at ptc.com> writes:

> From: bscott at ntisys.com [mailto:bscott at ntisys.com] wrote:

>>   If you do not already have a copy, obtain a copy of _The C
>> Programming
>> Language_, 2nd edition, by K&R.  You must do this if you
>> program in C.
>> It's a law.
>
> I almost got one last night!  Elaine Ashton and Jarkko Hietaniemi
> were giving away their book collection at the boston.pm meeting.
> Someone got to it right before I got there.

Also check out _C -- A Reference Manual_ by Harbison and Steele.

If you're interested in C++, you might check out the STL -- problems
like what you're alluding to can be easily solved with this library.
But if you're supposed to use C and the C standard library, then this
option is not available to you.

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)