Photo printers?

Price, Erik eprice at ptc.com
Wed Dec 11 17:28:33 EST 2002

> -----Original Message-----
> From: pll at lanminds.com [mailto:pll at lanminds.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:53 PM
> To: gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org
> Subject: Re: Photo printers?
>

> Any opionions?

Well, the context is somewhat different, but my family vowed not to
purchase any more Epson printers after my father bought a nice
scanner/printer combo (I forget the model) and then a year later,
when he was ready to upgrade from MacOS 9 to MacOS X, the company flatly
stated that they would not be releasing MacOS X-compatible drivers.

Fortunately someone reverse engineered it and put one up on Version
Tracker, so we can still use it.  But I won't buy one.  B'sides, HP
makes some really great printers.

Erik