Apache mod_perl Problem ? Help!

Vince McHugh vince_mchugh at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 09:18:01 EST 2002

Hi All,

   The guy at my office that is responsanble for our
company web servers asked a question that I am not
sure of. I was hoping someone in this group might be
able to give an answer that I could pass on to him.

Here goes...

Problem: There are two contact forms on the web site.
THAT ARE NOT WORKING!

I have edited html and cgi files on both apache web
servers.
The form pages on the first one works, but The forms
on the second do not.

I THINK I KNOW WHY, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT!!!

The first Apache web server is running:
Apache 1.3.12 6/23/00 - with mod_perl compiled in.
perl 5.005_03
Cobalt Linux 6.0 (Kernel 2.2.16C28_III) on a remote
RaQ server rented from
AT&T.

The second apache web server is running:
Apache 1.3.12 8/23/00 -  mod_perl IS NOT compiled in!
perl 5.6.0
Red Hat Linux (Kernel 2.2.16-22SMP on the ALR server
in NECS' computer room.

How do we re-compile the www.necs.biz apache to
include mod_perl ????

   Thanks for any help you can give us!