IMAP (was: replacement for netscrape mail)

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Mon Dec 23 12:55:36 EST 2002

Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar at golux.com> writes:

> seriously: i do a *tonne* of my mail offline; i need to have
> it local to my mua.

Emacs + Gnus supports a lot of what you're asking for -- support for
IMAP+POP, HTML (w3-mode -- but not as nice as a full-featured
browser), and the ability to work offline (gnus-agent mode).

Slightly OT:  my description of how to set up Courrier imapd to work
with procmail (automatically file your mail in imap mailboxes) is
available in the archives for this list.  Count me as one of those
folks who really likes IMAP...

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)