RH and IDE CD-RWs

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Sat Nov 2 10:54:13 EST 2002

    As I posted a while ago, I've been giving RH8 the run around to get
familiar with it.  I do have one question I can't answer (basically 'cause I
don't want to rip machines apart and rebuild them to find out), so I thought
I'd seek the wisdom of the group here:

    How well does Red Hat (figure 7.3 or 8.0 if you need a version) support
IDE CD-RWs?

    Is this a "user-level" of IDE CD-RW support?  In other words, will Red
Hat/kudzu auto-detect the CD-RW and set it up, leaving the user only to run
gcombust or xcdroast (or whatever) to burn CDs?  TIA.

--
  Regards, | Asking an MSCE to make an unbiased choice about
  .        | software is like asking a Ford dealer's mechanic