sql-ledger

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Nov 5 10:14:45 EST 2002

In a message dated: 04 Nov 2002 21:45:07 EST
Paul Iadonisi said:

>  Does anyone know of any small businesses using sql-ledger
>(http://www.sql-ledger.org/) and how happy they are with it?  I'm
>looking at using it for my own business accounting and I have someone
>else who is interested as well, but since I'm not a finance guy, I don't
>know what to look for in a financial package.  I understand, for
>instance, that gnucash is a good replacement for Quicken, but not really
>a good substitute for QuickBooks, but I couldn't tell you why.  I'm
>basically looking for some first hand references for sql-ledger (or any
>other free, preferably GPLed, financial package for small to medium
>business).

FWIW, GnuCash will be releasing 1.8 RSN.

The announcement is here:

	http://www.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2002-October/006963.html

Where they propose an 8 December release date, with a 1.7.5 release
on 8 December if 1.8 isn't yet ready, then falling back to 22
December for the final 1.8 release date.