FYI for Yahoo users

Price, Erik eprice at ptc.com
Tue Nov 12 11:14:47 EST 2002

More dismaying is their use of special properties of HTML mail
to determine whether or not the mail is actually read.  Obviously
this is a tactic used by most spammers, so ideally a mail client
is configured not to download HTML images automatically (except
mine, which we've already established is a piece of junk... ;)

Also annoying is that if you use Yahoo! mail or are subscribed to
a Yahoo! group, you will need to accept certain Yahoo! cookies to
use these features, and determining which cookies are actually
necessary and which aren't is too much of a pain.  So I have just
conceded that Yahoo! is one network that will be able to track my
movements on the net.

Erik