OT: Require authentication on Apache proxy server?

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Tue Nov 12 16:07:05 EST 2002

Quoting Charles Farinella <cfarinella at AppropriateSolutions.com>:
> I've been asked to require a username and password in order to access an
> Apache proxy server.  I can find no reference to this in the Apache
> proxy
> documentation.  Does anyone know how this is done?

http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/security/lib-proxy/howto/proxy/

An exmaple config is at:

http://ist.uwaterloo.ca/security/lib-proxy/howto/proxy/

  Basically, you setup the directory that is setup as the path to 'proxy', and
add a standard htpasswd file to it.   Basically, the SAME way you configure a
normal virtualk directory to be password protected.

--
Thomas Charron
-={ Is beadarrach an ni an onair }=-