OT: Require authentication on Apache proxy server?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Tue Nov 12 20:12:41 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, at 4:51pm, tcharron at ductape.net wrote:
>   I'd be more then happy to continue this conversation and help you out
> further off list if you'd like, as I gather we may end up straying off the
> path of 'Linux talk'..  ;-)

  I, personally, would encourage you and others to continue this and similar
discussions here, on this list.  Since this list doesn't have an official
charter, it is technical impossible to rule anything "off-topic", but I like
to think of this list as being "for GNHLUG members", and not just "for Linux
discussions".

  For one, if you want to get into technicalities, Linux is technically just
the kernel, which makes for some mighty obscure discussions.

  More importantly, that is not, AFAIK, what this user group has ever been
about.  Linux has become the de facto flagship for the Open Source/Free
Software fleet.  It may get the most attention, but it is far from the only
or even most important member.  Things such as Apache, GCC, Perl, Python,
Mozilla, GNOME, KDE, etc, etc, etc, are as much as part of Linux as Linux
is.

  I believe barring discussions about Apache from this forum does everyone
here a disservice.

  If anyone disagrees, please speak up.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>