"Freedom Downtime" [was: Kevin Mitnick speaking at MarlboroSoftpro tonight... (fwd)]

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Nov 14 15:52:07 EST 2002

In a message dated: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:01:51 EST
Derek Martin said:

>Actually the question (as seen above in the first quoted paragraph)
>was whether or not 2600 putting their materials on DVD could be viewed
>as implicit support of the MPAA, which would be ironic given the
>lawsuit against them for posting the DeCSS code.
>
>Since DVD players are required to play DVDs, and sale of DVD players
>generates revenue for the MPAA, it follows logically that this could
>be seen as implicit support of the MPAA.

Oh, okay, I see the irony based on that clue stick making contact
with my cranium :)  I wasn't looking at it from that point.

>I seem to be very argumentative today...  =8^)

As am I.  But I think that comes arguing with two competing corporate
groups about technical requirements.  My last two days have been
stuck in a loop:

	Me:  I need to technical requirements our group has for
	     function X.

	mgmt:	Our requirements are that we are committed to
		using the application X

	Me:	Those aren't requirements, what are doing with App X

	IT:	Before we start supporting this, we need your requirements

	Me:	I know, I'm trying to get them, but it's like pulling teeth!

	mgmt:	Hey, when is IT going to start giving us the support we need?

	Me:	We need to provide them with requirements, what are they?

	mgmt:	We told you, we require Application X.

	Me: 	I know, but what are we using it for, what problem does it
		solve?

	mgmt:	We told you, we are committed to using this application.
		Is IT going to support it or not? They're holding us up!

	Me:	AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!c
--

Seeya,
Paul