Humor: Cargo Cult Programming

Jerry Feldman gaf at blu.org
Thu Nov 14 16:24:24 EST 2002

In emacs, you can edit multiple files simultaneously. I don't know about
vim, but in vi, you can cut and paste between files by using the multiple
buffer feature. In emacs you can have multiple windows, displayed
vertically, horizontally or both at the same time if you are a masochist. I
use ediff frequently to compare or merge files. One must remember that
emacs is a programming language not an editor. Just about everything in
emacs is extensible. I can make it look like vi or like any other editor.
But, as I mentioned (and Derek alluded to) it is a pig. It takes up a lot
of resources.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Associate Director