Humor: The Evolution of a Programmer

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Nov 14 22:08:11 EST 2002

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, at 3:30pm, sconce at in-spec-inc.com wrote:
> ... learning by doing is almost always stronger than learning by reading
> alone.

  Don't get me wrong.  I agree completely with the usefulness of interactive
environments for both learning and developing.  Having knowledge does not
always mean one knows what to do with it.  As I said, I only stated that
caveat because I encounter so many cargo cultists who do things simply
because they've seen others do them.

> Python is a Way.

  And There Is More Than One Way.

  (Sorry. I couldn't resist.  :)