Humor: Cargo Cult Programming

Kevin D. Clark kclark at CetaceanNetworks.com
Mon Nov 18 08:20:00 EST 2002

Steven Knight <steven.knight at unh.edu> writes:

> using :make
>
> This will run make and if you have error(s) in your code you can move
> through those using vim.

How automatic is this?  Will vim parse the make and compiler output
and move you to the correct file and line number?  Can the user fix
one compilation error and then instruct vim to move me to the next
compilation error?

Just wondering.

> Yeah, if I do:
>
> :e mai<tab> will do the completion.

Can you relate this to my "supercalifragilisticexpeialidocious"
example before?

Am I correct when I surmise that this wouldn't work between two
invocations of vim?

Thanks,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)