Contivity VPN woes

Thomas Charron tcharron at ductape.net
Mon Nov 18 17:45:19 EST 2002

Quoting bscott at ntisys.com:
>   Not possible.  NAT, by definition, modifies the packet header.
> Fortunately for you, I suspect your wife's employer's IT guy does not
> really
> understand what he is talking about.  (This is less fortunate for your
> wife's employer.)

 Also to note that there are ip_masq modules specifically for pptp AND ipsec
that, if I recall correctly, take care of the majority of these for you.
Personally, I load the pptp module, and require not further configuration.
IPSec, etc, on the other hand, may require a bit more..

--
Thomas Charron
-={ Is beadarrach an ni an onair }=-