I broke forwarding nameservice.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Oct 1 17:11:07 EDT 2002

I had set this up in the past and now it's broke and I can't for the life
of me remember how I did it or how to fix it.

I have master which is my firewall and NAT server (and my personal
workstation). And I have my wife's computer (uranus) which had her
resolv.conf pointing to master. Everything was working fine. Now it
doesn't. Obviously I must have done something but I can't figure out what.
Everything works except for nameservice. As a bandaid, I set her
resolv.conf to be the same as mine so they both now point to my ISPs
nameservers.

What is supposed to happen so that I am a forwarding nameserver?

Thanks guys.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ