Red Hat 8.0 is 'official'

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Wed Oct 2 12:52:34 EDT 2002

pll at lanminds.com said:

>Speaking of mirrors, since you mentioned the i386 architecture in
>there, does RH not do anything but i386 any more?  Or do they just
>lag behind on releases of the non-x86 architectures?

They did 6.2 (5.2??) for sparc and then abandoned it.  They have Alpha
and possibly PPC.  I think they once had an m68k version and that's
gone too.

>The reason I ask, is that I've been mirroring RH, Debian, and
>kernel.org for some time, and I got a request the other day to mirror
>something for 'arm', and it seems RH doesn't produce an 'arm' dist
>any more, though Debian does.

Debian seems to support the most architectures.

SuSE: i386, PPC, Sparc, and alpha (I think).  The Sparc version at
least is 1 rev behind but it is getting updates.

Mandrake: i586, PPC.  7.2 supported Sparc and i486 but that's as far as
it went.  Note that Mandrake doesn't support i386.

--
-------
Tom Buskey