SGI and maddog

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Thu Oct 3 10:38:56 EDT 2002

Jon,

I think I speak for most of GNHLUG when I say:

	Thank *you* and Good Luck with your new venture!

There aren't too many LUGs who can claim to have had 'maddog' as
their "Reluctant Chairman".  We've seen you through as a DEC
employee, a VA Systems/Linux/Software employee, and as whatever
you've most recently been :)

However, to all of us, where you got your personal funding from has
never really been a concern to any of us (at least that I know of).
I believe that to be a result of your overall professionalism and
ability to put "Linux first" over the financial/political agendas
of whichever company you worked for.

Many of us have worked for Linux related companies over the past few
years, and I know for I one, have tried to follow your leadership in
this respect.

Everyone in GNHLUG knows you as 'maddog'.  Some of us know who you've
worked for at different times, and some are probably aware of your
role with Linux International.  For the most part, that doesn't
matter, just as long as you continue to "put Linux first" and lift a
pint or three with us on occasion :)

I have no fears that you'll be able to very successfully work for SGI
and continue your roles as Executive Director of Linux Internation
and Former Reluctant Chairman of GNHLUG.

Best wishes to you and SGI, and thank you for everything you've done
over the past 10+ years to get Linux where it is today and where it's
going tomorrow, from all of us in GNHLUG!

--
Seeya,
Paul

    Reluctant Co-Chairman, Greater New Hampshire Linux User's Group (GNHLUG)
                   Reluctant  Chairman, Nashua Chapter GNHLUG
                         http://www.gnhlug.org
     Events:  http://md.appropriatesolutions.com/gnhlug/lug_cal/month.php