LyX, LaTeX, PS, PDF

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Sat Oct 26 21:32:16 EDT 2002

  I believe my problem has already been solved.  However, I wanted to let
people know how some other ideas played out...

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, at 4:25pm, tom at buskey.name wrote:
> ... look around the various TeX sites for something called pdfTeX.

  I have a command on my system (RHL 7.3) called 'pdftex' which appears to
be that.  If export LaTeX output from LyX, and do "pdftex foo.tex", I get:

> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.3 \documentclass
>                  [english]{article}

and a question-mark (?) prompt (which I do not know how to use, so I abort).

  Thanks, anyway.  :)

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, at 8:04am, mcostolo at yahoo.com wrote:
> Have you tried the pdflatex program?

  I just did.  The final output still looks bad in Acrobat Reader.

  Thanks, anyway.  :)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>