Update Hell

Bayard R. Coolidge bayard at tds.net
Mon Oct 28 10:55:54 EST 2002

Well, Red Hat 6.2 is fairly old now, but it appears that you
may need to rebuild your kernel. If you don't know how to do
that, let us know, and I'm sure there will be some folks on
the list who can walk you through it. If you do already know
how, it appears to me that you may have forgotten to do a
'make modules; make modules_install' at the end as the kernel
is trying to load modules that are incompatible with it, as
reflected in the various 'unresolved symbols' messages.

2.2.22 is a VERY old kernel, and if at all possible, you might
consider moving up to 2.4.19 kernel. However, should you do so,
take a long look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes to
see what other system components will require updating -
there are a lot.

HTH,

Bayard