Red Hat Beta iso

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Mon Sep 16 10:06:53 EDT 2002

On Mon, 16 Sep 2002, Thomas M. Albright wrote:

=>I'm trying to download the "null" beta from redhat in .iso format, but
=>I'm only getting 2.14 KB/s over a T-1.
=>
=>So I'm entering mooch-mode to ask if anyonie might already have them,
=>prefferably in a publicly accessible location so I might download them
=>at a (hopefully) better speed?
=>
=>Thanking you in advance,
=> Your Humble Servant,
=>  Tom
Go to mirrors.redhat.com and select a local mirror. Red Hat throttles
their server down deliberately. A local mirror will have no such
restriction. And BTW, I'm a big fan of lftp as my preferred ftp client.
One of the things is that it has a pget command which run simultaneous
transfers over different parts of the ISO image at the same time. If noone
else is using the bandwidth, it will speed things up.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ