ssh port redirection ?

plussier at mindspring.com plussier at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 25 13:53:46 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have a system which is not directly connected to the 'net, but
which has direct access to one which does, but is not acting as a
router.  I need to get some e-mail off a pop server on the 'net onto
the system which is not directly connected.  Is there anyway to use
ssh to redirect fetchmail?

IOW, I want to:

	- run fetchmail on system A, which will redirect the query to system B.
	- have system B intercept that query and pass it on to the
	  proper pop server on the net
	- take the mail off the server using B, but pass it back to
	  system A

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks,

--