ssh port redirection ?

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Sep 25 15:40:07 EDT 2002

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, at 3:09pm, plussier at mindspring.com wrote:
> Is this supposed to be a single command line, or 2 separate ones?

  Two separate ones, both executed on 'A'.

> I would guess 2 separate ones, yet when I do:
> 	ssh pll at system-b -L 8110:pop-server:110
> I end up logged into system-b at a command prompt.

  Geez.  Open up another xterm.  I assumed you could figure that part out on
your own.  ;-)

  "It says insert disk two, but only one will fit in the drive at a time!"

> That's why I used systemA and systemB.  It makes it very clear to everyone
> which is which.  If I said 'tater' and 'taz', I'd be the only one who
> really understood which system did which.

  Well, maybe it is just me, but I find names like 'tater' and 'taz' much
easier to work with than 'A', 'B', 'C', and so on.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>