Debian install challenge...

Ken Ambrose kena at well.com
Thu Sep 26 22:38:38 EDT 2002

Okay, folks: I formatted my RH 7.3 system today, and installed Debian.
Went to try a few installs, and a bunch of stuff (like, say, "man", fer
Pete's sake) gets pissed because I can't install msttcorefonts.  I know
about the licensing bit, and MS taking them down from their site.  Thus,
the challenge:

- I've noticed that the fonts are at Sourceforge, in raw executable form.
- I know that some people were going to find alternatives to the MS fonts.

What should I do?  I have -no- idea how to modify the apt-get process to
pull down and install the fonts from Sourceforge, and Google (both regular
search and groups) has been of no use.  As for alternatives, I've found
nothing.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-Ken