Anyone ran into this? Domain disabled by Verisign claiming lack of payment...

Brenda Bell k15a-list-qmail at mail.theotherbell.com
Fri Sep 27 16:15:32 EDT 2002

9/27/2002 14:54:15, "Hewitt Tech" <hewitt_tech at attbi.com> wrote:

>But in researching this problem I find that many folks have had bad
>experiences with Verisign. I'm really loath to pay them for something

I'm loathe to use Verisign for anything... my first experience with credit
card fraud occurred because Verisign neglected to verify the card used to
register a domain name; e.g., they pushed the charge through without
verifying the name on the card, the address or the phone number.  This is a
pretty sad practice for a company who says they're in the security
business.

My domain is registered with DomainDiscover.  I originally used them for
mail forwarding, web site forwarding and DNS, all of which worked great.
When I brought my email and web site in-house, the changes were
immediate... same thing when I switched by DNS to ZoneEdit.  They don't
have discount prices, but they're a full-service registrar with a good track
record.

These links might help...

http://www.domainnotes.com/registrar_list/list/1,,Registrars_COMPAREA
LL,00.html